Monday 4 November 2013

I ♥ Drugstore Makeup Tag

Hey everyone,

So I saw Gabriella (velvetgh0st on youtube) do this tag recently :


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7zne-U_k0


So I thought that I'd have a go at answering the questions. I'm not sure if there are any other versions of this tag or if there are different questions but these are the ones which she had answered in her video.

So lets get into it.....


Question 1.

What is your favourite drugstore make-up brand overall?

There are a few drugstore make-up brands that I like to buy from and I used to get a lot from Revlon especially there Lip butters but lately,  I tend to buy from Rimmel and Maybelline. So I'd have to say that overall, my favourite drugstore make-up brand is Maybelline. Their colour tattoos are beautiful and I love the baby lips.




Question 2.

What are your favourite face/cheek/ lip products?

I have to say that one of my favourite face products has to be the Maybelline Anti-Age The Eraser Eye concealer, which I mentioned in my August Favourites a few months ago. Read here. I use this product everyday and it gives such good coverage to my under eye circles and any little blemishes that you'd like to cover up.

To go with this concealer, I have another drugstore favourite and it is the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I use this everyday on top of my concealer to prevent it from creasing and it also helps to make my make-up stay on for longer and doesn't feel heavy or caked at all and is such a bargain.

My favourite drugstore cheek product has to be the Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Santa Rose. This blush is so pretty and natural on my skin and gives my skin a slight rose tint. 



I have many, many favourite lip products from drugstores because I tend to buy drugstore lip products rather than high end because they are still of such good quality from drugstore brands. However, some of my favourite lip products are lipsticks, like the Revlon Lip Butters.


 But recently, in the fall I like to wear darker colours and in my recent blog post about Autumn/fall lipsticks, read here, I showed the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks. These have to be some of my favourite lipsticks that I've owned and last for a long time on my lips as said in the name and they are also very matte which I tend to opt for in a lipstick rather than it having a sheen. 


My final favourite lip products have to be the Maybelline Baby Lips. I know many people have mentioned these multiple times before but they really are such a good, affordable product.




Question no.3


What is your least favourite drugstore makeup product?


There really aren't many products that I don't like but if I had to name one it would have to be the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara. I brought this mascara at the time when it was very popular but after a short time, it dried up and would work as well and I felt that it didn't coat my eyelashes very well.



Question no.4

What is your biggest makeup bargain?

I have to say that my biggest makeup bargain was the MUA Undress Me Highlighter which I brought for only £3 from superdrugs. This highlighter is so pigmented for such a cheap price and is such a pretty colour. I'd have to say overall, all of the MUA makeup is such a great bargain at such a low price but the quality of the makeup is very good and highly pigmented.





Question no.5


What is your favourite underdog product (something that gets overlooked)?


I'm not totally sure what this means but I love the sleek eye shadow palettes! They are so pigmented and very affordable.




Question no.6


A drugstore product that is overpriced?


I can't think of an individual product that is overpriced but I think that some types of drugstore products are overpriced like some facial moisturisers and some cleansers.



Question no.7


Show your best drugstore dupes...


Well, I only found one close dupe in my makeup collection and this drugstore lipstick is very similar but isn't as matte. The high end lipstick is the Mac Riri Woo lipstick which I featured in my Autumn/Fall Lipsticks post and the drugstore dupe if the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 111 Kiss of Life.


These two lipsticks are very similar but I think the Rimmel lipstick is slightly more orange.

Question no.8


A drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?


I think that the Maybelline mascaras weren't worth the hype, I brought the Colossal Cat Eyes mascara by Maybelline at the time because they were very hyped about but when I was using it, it dried up very quickly and wasn't very useful anymore. However, the packaging was cute though haha :)





Check out my links below to keep up to date with what I am doing and when I am going to publish more blog posts :)


Twitter | FacebookInstagram | Pinterest | Tumblr | Wanelo | Lockerz Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment